1 hr 15 mins
A la Carte's Note:
I'm making this to go along with some veal tonight. The recipe comes from Australian Women's Weekly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup mild salsa
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 1/2 cup polenta
- canola oil, for shallow frying
- 1/2 cup mild salsa (for serving)
- 3 ounces hot salami, sliced thinly
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts (in brine, drained)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Boil potatoes until tender, drain, mash roughly.
- 2Stir in shallots, cheese, 1/4 cup salsa, egg white, paprika and polenta - mix well.
- 3Shape potato mixture into 6 patties.
- 4Shallow fry in batches until lightly browned on both sides and heated through. Drain on paper towel if you like.
- 5Meanwhile, add the salami to a clean pan, and cook, stirring until crisp.
- 6Top potato cakes with extra salsa, artichoke puree and salam strips.
- 7*For the puree: Process artichokes, garlic, cream and juice until smooth. Add oil gradually in a thin stream with motor is running.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Polenta Cakes With Artichoke Puree
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.7
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 635.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 11.8 g