There is only one word to describe this soup and that word would be YUM! My Fiance made this for me on our second date and he has just now decided to give me the recipe and let me share it with all of you. I hope you enjoy it, it took allot to get it from him!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices rindless smoked fatty bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb mealy potato, like baking and russet
- 1 lb onion
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup dried shell pasta (conchigliette)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, and garlic bread to serve
- 1To make the pesto sauce, put all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process for 2 minutes, or blend together by hand.
- 2Finely chop the bacon, potatoes, and onions.
- 3Sauté the bacon in a large pan over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- 4Add the butter, potatoes, and onions and cook for 12 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Add the stock and the milk to the pan and bring to a boil.
- 6Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Add the pasta and simmer for 12-14 minutes more. Blend in the cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Add the parsley and 2 tablespoons of the pesto.
- 9Transfer to your serving bowls and top with parmesan cheese and a side of garlic bread.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Pesto Soup
Serving Size: 1 (711 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1199.4
- Calories from Fat 850
- Total Fat 94.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 127.9 mg
- Sodium 814.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 30.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: