Recipe by Michelle S.
This is SO easy and tastes SO good. Impressive enough to serve company. If I remember correctly I got this in a Pillsbury cookbooklet.
Top Review by *Parsley*
For an easy, ready-in-10-minutes soup, it's really good. The swirled pesto added a nice flavor and a pretty presentation. I think it could use a little extra flavor. Maybe sauteed fresh minced onions or some herbs/spices? Thanx for posting!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups instant potato flakes
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pesto sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, spices and broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in milk and potato flakes.
- Return to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Spoon soup into bowls and top with a scant tablespoon of pesto.
- Serve immediately.