Recipe by rh26
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. In a collaborative effort, one snowy weekend my partner and I made homemade pizza. The memory lasted, as did the delicious aroma of pepperoni, while I created recipes for this contest. This was the result of it all.
- 3 ounces coarsely chopped pepperoni
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes (room temperature)
- 1 cup canned Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 ounces shredded three-cheese packaged cheese (mozzerella, provolone, and parmesan)
- 10 ounces of favorite prepared marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Heat pepperoni in a 10” non-stick skillet over medium heat until warmed and some of the fat begins to renders off. Remove pepperoni and place in a large mixing bowl. Leave the rendered fat in the skillet.
- 2) To the pepperoni add potatoes, drained tomatoes, and cheese and mix well. Shape into 6 patties about ¾” thick.
- 3) Reheat fat over medium-high heat and fry the patties until light golden brown, flip and cook until fully heated through and golden brown on both sides. Drain patties on paper towel. Serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.