Recipe by Evie*
Potatoes are like ground beef to me, there is so much you can do to them.
Top Review by Bergy
Love the combination - this is a meal in itself, however being a carnivore I served it with skinless, boneless chicken breasts, baby carrots. Loved the flavor. I used 1 tsp mustard powder instead of the seeds and mashed the potatoes before adding the peas and mint. Watch the amount of liquid left ibefore you start to mash them there may just a bit too much liquid (as this recipe did not intend to mash the potatoes) I removed the extra sauce and served it over the potatoes & peas Super recipe Eve*Thanks
- 750 g potatoes, peeled
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons ghee or 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup fresh peas or 2⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes into 2 cm cubes.
- Heat mustard seeds in a large pan until they start to pop.
- Add ghee, onion, garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, until soft.
- Add turmeric, salt, pepper, chilli, cumin, garam masala and potato.
- Stir until potatoes are coated.
- Add water; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes, or until potato is just tender; stir occasionally.
- Add peas, stir; simmer, covered, 3-5 minutes, or until potato is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in mint.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.