Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This soup never leaves leftovers in my house! It's an old favourite, adapted from my mother's recipe. Parsnips can be found in most grocery stores if you know where to look! I crumble in an extra stock cube as the veggies simmer to add more flavour but if you're using made-from-scratch stock you won't need it!
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 7 parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 potatoes, medium to large, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 chicken stock cube (optional)
- Heat the chicken stock in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the parsnips, potatoes, garlic, and nutmeg. Also crumble in the extra stock cube if you're using it.
- Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the onion and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Blend it all in a food processor until smooth.
- Return to the pan, stir in the cream and heat through.
- Serve in warmed bowls.
Very nice recipe, with good flavor. I tripled the recipe and it was perfect and very well received by all. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6.