1/1 Photo of Potato and Parsnip Soup
This soup never leaves leftovers in my house! It's an old favourite, adapted from my mother's recipe. Parsnips can be found in most grocery stores if you know where to look! I crumble in an extra stock cube as the veggies simmer to add more flavour but if you're using made-from-scratch stock you won't need it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the chicken stock in a large pan over medium heat.
- 2Add the parsnips, potatoes, garlic, and nutmeg. Also crumble in the extra stock cube if you're using it.
- 3Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the onion and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- 4Blend it all in a food processor until smooth.
- 5Return to the pan, stir in the cream and heat through.
- 6Serve in warmed bowls.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Parsnip Soup
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.7
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 385.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: