Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I am a big fan of Gratins and I tend to make them often. They are inexpensive and easy to prepare. It's easy to alter the ingredients to suit what's on hand (onions, garlic, herbs, cheddar, feta--whatever)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 10 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese, cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- Preheat oven to 400^.
- Butter a 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- In the dish, layer 1/3 of each ingredient in order given,except milk, repeating twice and ending with Parmesan.
- Pour milk evenly over.
- Bake 15 minutes, reduce temperature of oven to 350^F.
- Continue baking until potatoes are tender and top is golden, about 1 hour longer.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This is good and is an easy recipe to work with. I used more cheese than called for, though; the suggested amount didn't seem like enough. Parmesan isn't the best "melting" cheese so I would suggest that you use another type.