1/2 Photos of Potato and Parmesan Gnocchi
I'm an Italian girl who loves my carbs! Gnocchi is a fairly standard recipe and you will find that most formulas are similar. This makes it very easy to tailor to your own tastes! Here is my recipe. I hope you love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and dice potatoes placing in a pot of cold water. Bring water to a boil and cook potatoes until fork tender.
- 2Drain potatoes and return to pot and burner that is turned off but still hot to evaporate any excess water.
- 3Mash potatoes with a masher or hand-held mixer.
- 4Add all remaining ingredietns except for flour and blend.
- 5Slowly add flour until you get a nice smooth dough.
- 6Pull off pieces of dough and roll into logs/snakes. Cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 7Shape dough with a fork if you like. I keep it simple and leave them how I cut them.
- 8Add gnocchi to boiling, salted water and cook until they all are floating at the top. This takes about 3-4 minutes typically, depending on the size of your dumplings. You may need to do this in several batches to not overcrowd the pot.
- 9Serve with your favorite sauce and lots of cheese!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Parmesan Gnocchi
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.5
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 74.0 mg
- Sodium 242.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 10.0 g