Recipe by carbsrfromhvn
I'm an Italian girl who loves my carbs! Gnocchi is a fairly standard recipe and you will find that most formulas are similar. This makes it very easy to tailor to your own tastes! Here is my recipe. I hope you love it.
Top Review by kelly in TO
So fantastic! This was a breeze to make and it turned out wonderful. The dough was soft and smooth and easy to work with. I used half white all-purpose flour and half spelt flour. We used this gnocchi in Recipe #299120 Thanks so much for posting.
- 5 medium baking potatoes
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice potatoes placing in a pot of cold water. Bring water to a boil and cook potatoes until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot and burner that is turned off but still hot to evaporate any excess water.
- Mash potatoes with a masher or hand-held mixer.
- Add all remaining ingredietns except for flour and blend.
- Slowly add flour until you get a nice smooth dough.
- Pull off pieces of dough and roll into logs/snakes. Cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Shape dough with a fork if you like. I keep it simple and leave them how I cut them.
- Add gnocchi to boiling, salted water and cook until they all are floating at the top. This takes about 3-4 minutes typically, depending on the size of your dumplings. You may need to do this in several batches to not overcrowd the pot.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and lots of cheese!