Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I'm an Italian girl who loves my carbs! Gnocchi is a fairly standard recipe and you will find that most formulas are similar. This makes it very easy to tailor to your own tastes! Here is my recipe. I hope you love it.
- Peel and dice potatoes placing in a pot of cold water. Bring water to a boil and cook potatoes until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot and burner that is turned off but still hot to evaporate any excess water.
- Mash potatoes with a masher or hand-held mixer.
- Add all remaining ingredietns except for flour and blend.
- Slowly add flour until you get a nice smooth dough.
- Pull off pieces of dough and roll into logs/snakes. Cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Shape dough with a fork if you like. I keep it simple and leave them how I cut them.
- Add gnocchi to boiling, salted water and cook until they all are floating at the top. This takes about 3-4 minutes typically, depending on the size of your dumplings. You may need to do this in several batches to not overcrowd the pot.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and lots of cheese!
So fantastic! This was a breeze to make and it turned out wonderful. The dough was soft and smooth and easy to work with. I used half white all-purpose flour and half spelt flour. We used this gnocchi in Gnocchi With Broccoli Rabe, Caramelized Garlic, and Parmesan Thanks so much for posting.
I love gnocchi and its great to find a simple recipe! This was easy to prepare and we all loved the finished result. I cut mine a little big, these puff up into nice big pillows, a little goes a long way! I had more than I needed, so I have frozen some, which is what I'd like to do in future, always have a supply in my freezer. I packed in Tupperware, separating layers with wax paper. I served these with Fresh Herb and Cheese Sauce, for a fabulous supper, mmm! Made for PAC Fall 2009
This is a great recipe for Gnocchi! The only change is I use only 1 whole egg. I also like to make a butter sage sauce to top it with. I use 6 Tablespoons of unsalted butter and 12 whole fresh sage leaves, cut up into thin strips. In small skillet, melt the butter, when butter foams add the sage. Very rich, but oh so good! Thanks for posting carbsfromhvn.