Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Irish potato recipe is a great way to use leftover baked potatoes! I love potatoes!!!
- 1 large onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium potatoes, baked (or boiled)
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil and butter in a skillet.
- Add the onions and cook until soft and lightly browned.
- Remove the onions from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Add to the hot pan and brown on both sides. Return the onion to the pan, toss and season.
- Serve warm.
Amazing! I've made this twice since i discovered them last Thursday. Ever since my Fiance, begs me to make them every night. I altered it just a little by leaving the skins on and adding a fresh garlic and allowing it to caramelize with the onions. Being college students this dish is wonderful since onions and potatoes are so cheap =)
Yummy! I did alter it a bit to cut back on the fat and calories. I used 1 T. butter and 1/2 T. olive oil and it was perfect! Thanks!
I adore making skillet potatoes with thin sliced onions and leftovers for work entice envious glances!