- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into half moons
- 2 cups waxy potatoes, with skin,diced into 1/2 inch pieces (10-oz.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- When oil is hot, add onion and a sprinkling of salt; stir until onion begins to soften, about 1 minute.
- Add potato and cayenne to pan; reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until potatoes and onions are tender, caramelized and lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Push potato and onion hash to one side of the pan and increase the heat.
- Crack egg into pan and cook to taste.
- Spoon potatoes and onions onto a plate and top with the egg.