Recipe by moshitron
ridiculously easy vegan soup
Top Review by Annacia
This is delightful. It's very light and quick and with the veggie broth quite tasty. With all of the taste testing that I have been doing lately. This and some dark multigrain bread just hit the spot for dinner. We found it to be filling too. I did go a bit lighter on the garlic and I skipped the blending. We had it like a veggie soup in the broth. I used 4 C of stock and the given amount of all else (except the garlic wher I used one clove. Also, I cut all the fat by putting the raw veggies directly into the broth with no frying first. It worked a charm and we enjoyed it very much.
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 1 stalk celery
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- dice the vegetables, and fry them at a medium heat in olive oil in a soup pan until they start to take on colour.
- add the potato, cover with vegetable stock and add the parsley, garlic and pepper.
- cover, reduce the heat to low and leave to simmer for half an hour.
- blend the soup, and then return to a medium heat before serving.