Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
ridiculously easy vegan soup
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 1 stalk celery
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- dice the vegetables, and fry them at a medium heat in olive oil in a soup pan until they start to take on colour.
- add the potato, cover with vegetable stock and add the parsley, garlic and pepper.
- cover, reduce the heat to low and leave to simmer for half an hour.
- blend the soup, and then return to a medium heat before serving.
This is delightful. It's very light and quick and with the veggie broth quite tasty. With all of the taste testing that I have been doing lately. This and some dark multigrain bread just hit the spot for dinner. We found it to be filling too. I did go a bit lighter on the garlic and I skipped the blending. We had it like a veggie soup in the broth. I used 4 C of stock and the given amount of all else (except the garlic wher I used one clove. Also, I cut all the fat by putting the raw veggies directly into the broth with no frying first. It worked a charm and we enjoyed it very much.