Recipe by Cookworm
Needed a side dish for soup on a cold Autumn day. Decided to fry up some potatoes and add some veggies for zest. This could be served for the once in a while decadent meal or to make it less fatty, drain off 3/4 of the bacon fat and skip the step to fry the potatoes before adding to the dish in the oven.
- 6 small potatoes, cubed
- 1 leek, white part chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 473.19 ml mushroom, sliced
- 6 slice bacon (I used thick cut bacon)
- vegetable oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bacon in oven safe dish and then place dish in oven at 400F to render.
- Meanwhile, place chopped potatoes into water to cover and bring to a boil. Boil till just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil for frying the potatoes, make sure it is very hot.
- When bacon has rendered, pull from oven and add cut vegetables to pan. Set pan aside while frying the potatoes.
- Fry up the potatoes in batches for about 3 to 5 minutes each. As each batch is done, drain and place in the dish with the bacon and vegetables.
- When all potatoes are in dish, place dish back into oven for 15 to 20 minutes, till raw vegetables are soft and just turning golden.