Needed a side dish for soup on a cold Autumn day. Decided to fry up some potatoes and add some veggies for zest. This could be served for the once in a while decadent meal or to make it less fatty, drain off 3/4 of the bacon fat and skip the step to fry the potatoes before adding to the dish in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place bacon in oven safe dish and then place dish in oven at 400F to render.
- 2Meanwhile, place chopped potatoes into water to cover and bring to a boil. Boil till just tender, about 8 minutes.
- 3Drain potatoes and set aside.
- 4Heat the vegetable oil for frying the potatoes, make sure it is very hot.
- 5When bacon has rendered, pull from oven and add cut vegetables to pan. Set pan aside while frying the potatoes.
- 6Fry up the potatoes in batches for about 3 to 5 minutes each. As each batch is done, drain and place in the dish with the bacon and vegetables.
- 7When all potatoes are in dish, place dish back into oven for 15 to 20 minutes, till raw vegetables are soft and just turning golden.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Mushroom Oven Fry
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.8
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 203.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g