1/2 Photos of Potato and Mozzarella Pie
This tasty side dish can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to bake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and cube the potatoes. Boil in salted water until tender; drain. Mash the potatoes, stir in 1/4 cup butter, and season as desired with salt and pepper.
- 2Grease and lightly flour a 9inch pie pan. Spread the mashed potatoes in the pie pan.
- 3Cut the mozzarella into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place half of the cheese on the potatoes.
- 4Peel the tomatoes and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Arrange on top of cheese and potatoes. Sprinkle with oregano, basil, and salt and pepper.
- 5Top tomatoes with remaining mozzarella. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- 6Bake at 425°F for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Mozzarella Pie
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.3
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 116.8 mg
- Sodium 768.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 23.0 g