This tasty side dish can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to bake.
Make and share this Potato and Mozzarella Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and cube the potatoes. Boil in salted water until tender; drain. Mash the potatoes, stir in 1/4 cup butter, and season as desired with salt and pepper.
- Grease and lightly flour a 9inch pie pan. Spread the mashed potatoes in the pie pan.
- Cut the mozzarella into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place half of the cheese on the potatoes.
- Peel the tomatoes and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Arrange on top of cheese and potatoes. Sprinkle with oregano, basil, and salt and pepper.
- Top tomatoes with remaining mozzarella. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Bake at 425°F for 25 minutes.