1/1 Photo of Potato and Leek Soup (Creamy but No Cream!)
from a recipe exchange. very cheap, healthy and easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced (use only white and light green part and make sure all sand or dirt is washed off)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 lbs red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1Saute leeks and onion in olive oil for 10 min on med/low heat until soft and fragrant.
- 2In a large pot, boil broth. Add sautéed leeks and onion, garlic, potato cubes and spices. Cover and simmer for 20-30 min, until potatoes are very soft and fall apart when forked.
- 3Puree the soup with a blender or immersion blender. Make sure not to fill the blender more than 1/2 way so soup doesn't go flying (blend portions at a time). Pour soup back in pot and reheat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Leek Soup (Creamy but No Cream!)
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 774.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g