1 hr 15 mins
mrs mack's Note:
Growing up in Scotland this soup was a favorite of mine. Over the years I have adapted it to suit my tastes. This is the full fat creamy version I use for Xmas and Thanksgiving a true treat for the holidays! But it is very easy to adapt it by using milk or half& half instead of creme fraiche, which I do at other times of the year.This freezes well, I reheat and add creme fraiche just before serving. There are creme fraiche recipes on this site the one identical to mine is Judi Caston's #34037. The servings are for holiday meals, if only for a dinner it serves about 4-6
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean leeks and chop finely. Peel and dice onions. Melt butter in a pot, add leeks and onions and saute gently for about 10 minutes.
- 2Peel and cube potatoes the smaller the cubes the quicker it cooks, add to pot and cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- 3Add chicken stock and bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 30 to 45 mins, depending on size of potatoes.
- 4Remove from heat puree in blender, or with immersion blender until smooth.
- 5add creme fraiche and whisk into soup until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Serve immediately.
- 7Optional if you like your soup more chunky only blend half the soup.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (563 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.8
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 429.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 15.4 g