This has a yummy bacon and sage topping, a simple recipe but delicious. From Good Food Live
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the pancakes
- 550 g floury potatoes, such as russett, peeled and cut into chunks
- 100 g leeks, cut into 5mm dice
- 280 g self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 280 ml buttermilk
- 30 g unsalted butter, for frying
For the topping
- 1For the pancakes: put the potatoes in a pan and cover with cold water. Add a pinch of salt, cover and bring to the boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- 2Drain the potatoes well. Mash half of them and coarsely grate the remainder.
- 3Put the leeks in a pan and cover with plenty of lightly salted water. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes until tender. Drain well then press with kitchen paper to extract as much moisture as possible.
- 4Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl, and mix in the mashed and grated potatoes and the leeks.
- 5Stir in enough buttermilk to make a thick batter.
- 6Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan. Spoon in some of the batter and cook for about 2 minutes or until the top of the pancake is silky and bubbly. Turn over and cook for a few more minutes until golden and puffy. Repeat with the remaining batter. Keep the pancakes warm.
- 7For the topping: heat the oil in a separate pan and cook the bacon until golden and crisp. Add the butter, sage and lemon juice.
- 8To serve: put the pancakes on serving plates and spoon the bacon mixture over the top.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Leek Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.6
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 1936.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves