This has a yummy bacon and sage topping, a simple recipe but delicious. From Good Food Live
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the pancakes
- 550 g floury potatoes, such as russett, peeled and cut into chunks
- 100 g leeks, cut into 5mm dice
- 280 g self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 280 ml buttermilk
- 30 g unsalted butter, for frying
For the topping
- 1For the pancakes: put the potatoes in a pan and cover with cold water. Add a pinch of salt, cover and bring to the boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- 2Drain the potatoes well. Mash half of them and coarsely grate the remainder.
- 3Put the leeks in a pan and cover with plenty of lightly salted water. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes until tender. Drain well then press with kitchen paper to extract as much moisture as possible.
- 4Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl, and mix in the mashed and grated potatoes and the leeks.
- 5Stir in enough buttermilk to make a thick batter.
- 6Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan. Spoon in some of the batter and cook for about 2 minutes or until the top of the pancake is silky and bubbly. Turn over and cook for a few more minutes until golden and puffy. Repeat with the remaining batter. Keep the pancakes warm.
- 7For the topping: heat the oil in a separate pan and cook the bacon until golden and crisp. Add the butter, sage and lemon juice.
- 8To serve: put the pancakes on serving plates and spoon the bacon mixture over the top.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Leek Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.6
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 1936.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves