Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My children got a kick out of the presentation of this side dish. They also enjoyed the flavor. I have a hard time getting my kids to eat onions, but they will eat leeks!
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb potato, peeled and sliced
- Heat oil in pan, add leeks and spices. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Line a loaf pan with tin foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange 1/4 of potato slices in bottom. Top with 1/3 of the leeks; repeat layers ending with potatoes on top.
- Cover with foil and place in COLD oven. Turn oven to 425. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and invert a plate over top. Turn pan and plate over to invert loaf onto plate.