- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb kale, trimmed and shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, cook onion in oil until tender.
- Mix in garlic, potatoes, and water; bring to a boil, boil 4 minutes; reduce heat and cook 20 minutes or so or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes into the liquid; mix in the kale and pepper; simmer 15 minutes more or so, till kale is done, then serve.