Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe while I was looking for this Portuguese potato soup that I love but I don't eat meat so it was hard to find one without the sausage in it. But I did and I haven't had the chance to try this recipe, but when I do I'll be sure to post a comment.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 8 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 6 bunches kale
- Cook onion for 5-10 minutes.
- Add stock, potatoes, and garlic; bring to boil.
- Reduce to medium and cook 10-15 minutes till potatoes are tender.
- Transfer potatoes and garlic to another bowl and mash.
- Add back to liquid and simmer.
- Slowly add kale.
- Salt & pepper to taste.