Recipe by English_Rose
This great salad can be used as a stylish appetizer for four people or a quick lunchtime snack for two! Bresaola may be difficult to find outside good delis; if you can't find it, cold roast beef thinly sliced is a good substitute! ENJOY!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, scrubbed
- salt and pepper
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 celery heart, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh horseradish, grated
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche or 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 24 slices bresaola or 24 slices cold roast beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the new potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain and allow to cool whilst preparing the rest of the salad.
- Pour most of the lemon juice into a large bowl and add a good pinch each of salt and pepper, the celery, parsley and horseradish.
- Mix in the creme fraiche or sour cream.
- Whilst the potatoes are still warm, cut them in half or quarters and add to the bowl. Season carefully and toss everything together. Add more lemon juice if neeeded to taste. The flavours will improve on standing.
- Arrange the bresaola or beef with the potato salad on a plate. Sprinkle over the tarragon and a drizzle of oil and serve.