Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderful meatless entree !!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 shallots, minced
- 4 medium onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- green onion, chopped (for garnish)
- Add the oil and butter to a heavy soup pot.
- Add the onions, shallots, and garlic.
- Cook until just soft.
- Add the potatoes, broth, and herbs.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer 45 minutes (or until the vegetables are tender).
- Check the seasonings.
- Serve warm garnished with the green onions.
Made this for an Easter appetizer and the crowd loved it! It was wonderful. Thank you!