Recipe by "Pink Eyed" Jim Cortina
I like this as a summer meal, it's rich and comforting.
Top Review by beckoned
I love this recipe! The only changes I made were to eliminate the coriander and cilantro (I can't stand them) and add some garlic powder. I've been using a generic brand curry powder for it, but am itching to try it with Keens (English brand, I believe), as it's sweeter than what I have now, and well suited to eggs.
Thank you for sharing!
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped to a medium dice
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro or 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add the eggs and boil for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes add the salt to the water and add the potatoes with the eggs and boil for another five minutes.
- In a small frying pan add the spices (coriander, ginger, curry, pepper), and toast them over low heat for about two minutes, or until the spices become aromatic.
- Drain the potatoes and eggs, and add the butter to the pan with the spices, stir the spices into the melting butter, and add the potatoes and coat.
- Peel and chop the eggs into bite sized pieces, and add to the pan and toss again.
- If the spices and butter become to dry to toss the potatoes and eggs with, add 1/4 cup of water or milk to thin it out.
- Add the cilantro and salt to taste, and cook for about a minute longer until all flavors are combined.