Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Cheesy hamburger mix in a hash brown basket
- 18 ounces Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 lbs grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided two batch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, add as needed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a bowl combine hash brown, salt, and pepper. Divided evenly into 12 greased cups. Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups. Bake at 425 F for 20 minutes or until lightly brwon.
- Cook ground beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until meat is cooked. Drain of fat, then put hamburger back into skillet add half of grated sharp cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to taste until all mixed.
- Remove baking pan from oven, divided ground beef mix into muffin cups, and add cheese on top, then put them back into oven until cheese melts.
- Place on paper towel to remove excess grease before serving.
- Serve warm as an appetizer. Enjoy.