Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a good way to use the ham leftovers from Easter Sunday Dinner. Enjoy.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream, light
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of potato soup, reduced fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs, combined with
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook potatoes whole in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Slice about 1/4 inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Combine sour cream, potato soup, salt and pepper.
- Layer bottom of a 2 quart casserole with 1/3 of potato slices, cubed ham, then 1/3 cream mixture.
- Repeat layering 2 more times. Sprinkle bread crumb and shredded cheese mixture over top.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes, or until heated through and browned on top.
I was really excited about this recipe because I wanted to use up the leftovers from Easter. Unfortunately we didn't like it at all. The flavors didn't combine well and it just didn't taste good.
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this or not, but I did! I did increase the amount of ham and used cream of potato soup. Will probably make this again, and thnx for sharing the recipe, pinky! Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0