Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
In ‘Williams-Sonoma: Vegetable of the Day’
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 russet potato, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, about 1/2 lb., thawed and cut into four 5-inch squares
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, stir together the oil, rosemary, ½ tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Add the potato and onion slices and toss to coat.
- Lay the pastry squares on a baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a ½ inch border along the edge of the pastry, being careful not to cut more than halfway through.
- Inside the border, prick the pastry all over with a fork.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of the cheese inside the border of each tartlet.
- Divide the filling among the tartlets.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the filling.
- Bake until the edges are puffed and brown and the cheese is golden, about 20 minutes.
- Let the tartlets stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.