1 hr 20 mins
In ‘Williams-Sonoma: Vegetable of the Day’
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 russet potato, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, about 1/2 lb., thawed and cut into four 5-inch squares
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a bowl, stir together the oil, rosemary, ½ tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- 3Add the potato and onion slices and toss to coat.
- 4Lay the pastry squares on a baking sheet.
- 5Using a sharp knife, cut a ½ inch border along the edge of the pastry, being careful not to cut more than halfway through.
- 6Inside the border, prick the pastry all over with a fork.
- 7Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of the cheese inside the border of each tartlet.
- 8Divide the filling among the tartlets.
- 9Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the filling.
- 10Bake until the edges are puffed and brown and the cheese is golden, about 20 minutes.
- 11Let the tartlets stand for 10 minutes.
- 12Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Gruyere Tartlets
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.1
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 247.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 13.8 g