Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped with the green and white parts separated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 lbs firm tofu
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce, to taste
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and the white part of the green onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and heat for another 30 seconds. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the potatoes, 1 teaspoons of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoons of the pepper. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, flipping the potatoes regularly until they are well-browned.
- • Blend the remaining salt and pepper, the tofu, soy sauce, and nutritional yeast in a food processor until they are creamy. Fold in the faux bacon bits, the green part of the green onions, and the fried potatoes and pour the mixture into a large, oiled pie or tart pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the center is firm.
- • Allow the frittata to cool for 10 minutes then invert it onto a serving plate.