Recipe by GT in SA
A tasty medley of green beans and potatoes coated with subtly rich Dijon mustard sauce. Ideal accompaniment for meaty fare but also good for a light winter lunch with crusty bread
- 200 g fresh green beans, ends trimmed and halved
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced in chunks
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and sliced across
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle potato chunks lightly with salt & pepper and cook in microwave on autocook.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in pan and sautee onion and garlic until soft.
- Add green beans and chicken stock, stir in mustard and cook on medium heat until liquid is reduced by half. Beans should be cooked but slightly crispy.
- Add cooked potato chunks, toss to coat and further reduce liquid to your liking.
- Serve warm.