Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is awesome! This salad will stay for several days, and improves in flavor. It may be served chilled or room temperature. Preparation time includes cooking the potatoes and beans.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes (cooked until tender)
- 1 lb small green beans, rinsed and stems trimmed (cooked until firm-tender)
- 1 medium sweet onion, coarsly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, green beans, onion and basil.
- Mix/whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients togther (I like to shake it in a small jar).
- Add in the Balsamic vinaigrette mixture to the warm potato/bean mixture; toss well to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled or room temperature.
Delicious!!! I added some crumbled bacon, green onion, used sweet red onion
another great Kittencal recipe! i used new potatoes and quartered them when warm and added the basil, sweet onion and halved large cherry tomatoes. Then cut up yellow and orange peppers and the green beans to add. I also put some sugar in the dressing. This would work well with green onions too. Such a beautiful and colourful salad! Will make again and again! Thank you!
I am really excited about this recipe because it was so good and easy. I used very small white potatoes that I roasted in the oven, frozen green beans also roasted in the oven, sweet onions and my own balsamic dressing that I had on hand. It was quick, delicious and healthy. So nice to have a new salad idea. I'm sure I will make often. Thanks for posting!