A funky potato salad with no mayonnaise. Serve while gazing at the Pyramids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g boiling potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled,halved if large
- 1-2 clove garlic, very finely minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 44.37-59.16 ml strained fresh lemon juice
- 59.16-88.74 ml extra virgin olive oil
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 carrot, diced (optional)
- 226.79 g green beans, ends trimmed,cut into thirds
- 78.07-118.29 ml chopped green onion
- 44.37 ml chopped mint (optional)
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley (optional)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered (optional)
- 1Put the potatoes in a large saucepan, completely cover water and add salt.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until a knife can pierce the center of the largest potato easily and the potato falls from the knife when lifted, about 25 minutes.
- 4In a small bowl combine minced garlic with a pinch of salt and mash with the back of a spoon.
- 5Whisk in 3 tablespoons lemon juice.
- 6Add 4 tablespoons olive oil, pepper and cayenne, then whisk again.
- 7Drain the potatoes in a colander, rinse them briefly and leave just until cool enough to handle.
- 8Peel them if you like, cut them in half and then into about 1/2 inch thick slices.
- 9Put them in a large bowl and add 3 tablespoons dressing and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- 10With a rubber spatula, fold together gently but thoroughly.
- 11Let potatoes cool to room temperature.
- 12Put the carrots in a saucepan of water, add salt and bring to a boil.
- 13Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 14Add green beans and cook uncovered over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- 15Drain, rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly in a strainer.
- 16Add to the bowl of potatoes.
- 17Whisk the remaining dressing, pour it over the salad and fold it in.
- 18Add the green onions, mint and parsley and fold together lightly.
- 19Taste, adjust seasoning, and add more lemon juice and olive oil if needed.
- 20Garnish with quartered hard boiled eggs.
- 21Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Green Bean Salad, Egyptian Style
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.0
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g