This is a very different type of potato salad. I've only made it once (years ago) but it IS quite good. You MUST use green, underripe bananas. Perhaps even plantains would do? Prep/cook time does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 lbs greenish-yellow bananas, peeled and sliced into 1-inch pieces (about 7 or 8)
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup Spanish olives with pimento, chopped
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt (or (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Cook potato cubes in boiling, salted water until firm-tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2Add sliced bananas to the potato pot during the last minute of cooking. Drain and rinse with cold water
- 3In a large serving bowl, combine the bananas and potatoes with sliced onions, and olives.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour this dressing over the salad.
- 5Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Green Banana Salad
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.1
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 699.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g