Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love this recipe. It is perfect for brunch or last minute dinners and is so easy to make.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped scallions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 ounces goat cheese, chilled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper until just combined.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof 9-to 10-inch heavy nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add potatoes and scallions to oil, stirring once, then cover and cook until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir potato mixture once, then cover and cook 3 minutes more. Pour beaten eggs evenly over potato mixture and crumble cheese over eggs.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake frittata, uncovered, until set and just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Invert a plate over skillet and, holding them together with oven mitts, invert frittata onto plate and serve immediately.