1/1 Photo of Potato and Garlic Soup With Herbs
Great soup recipe, perfect for colder days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups canned low sodium chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup minced chives or 1/4 cup green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1Heat olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, sauté until golden, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add broth, potatoes, garlic and bay leaf; bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until potatoes are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- 5Cool slightly.
- 6Discard bay leaf.
- 7Coarsely puree soup in blender 1 cup at a time, about 20 seconds per batch (do not overprocess).
- 8Return soup to same saucepan.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10Simmer until heated through.
- 11Ladle soup into bowls.
- 12Sprinkle with chives and thyme and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Garlic Soup With Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.7
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 87.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 10.1 g