Recipe by Girl from India
A family regular my MIL makes for breakfast
Top Review by Latchy
This was a very puffy omelette with excellent flavours. I used coriander leaves in mine and also used green chillies. I actually served this with a side salad, which is probably not very parsi but it went down well.
- 1 cup diced potato
- 2 tablespoons ghee or 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 fresh red chilies or 2 green chilies, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Parboil potato in lightly salted boiling water for a minute or two, drain well in colander.
- Heat ghee or oil in a frying pan Fry the potato until lightly browned.
- Lift out on slotted spoon and set aside.
- Separate eggs and beat the whites until frothy, then beat in the yolks, salt, pepper and cumin.
- Fold in coriander, onion and chilies.
- golden brown on bottom, turn omelet over and cook until brown on other side.
- Serve hot with chapatis or bread.