Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A family regular my MIL makes for breakfast
Make and share this Potato and Egg Pan Omelette (Parsi style) recipe from Food.com.
- Parboil potato in lightly salted boiling water for a minute or two, drain well in colander.
- Heat ghee or oil in a frying pan Fry the potato until lightly browned.
- Lift out on slotted spoon and set aside.
- Separate eggs and beat the whites until frothy, then beat in the yolks, salt, pepper and cumin.
- Fold in coriander, onion and chilies.
- golden brown on bottom, turn omelet over and cook until brown on other side.
- Serve hot with chapatis or bread.
This was a very puffy omelette with excellent flavours. I used coriander leaves in mine and also used green chillies. I actually served this with a side salad, which is probably not very parsi but it went down well.
You can never have too many egg dish recipes & this one is very satisfying! My husband tells me this exactly like what his mother makes back in Bangladesh for breakfast. erved with paratha, extra coriander & tomatoes. Will definitely make again (^-^)