Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple Polish dish that I love to serve with fresh asparagus and grilled ham steak.
Make and share this Potato and Egg Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 boiled potatoes, sliced
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a buttered casserole, layer 1 sliced potato, 3 sliced eggs, 1 tbsp butter, 1/3 cup sour cream and salt and pepper; repeat layer.
- Add remaining potato, butter, sour cream and season.
- Bake 30 minutes and serve.
I like the fact it is quick and easy. I did find it quite bland. If I make it again, then I think I would like to make the sour cream into some kind of sauce and add some seasonings.
I loved this! So easy to put together with such a great flavor. I followed the directions and it came out great!! Thanks so much for posting and get well soon!!
Made this on Friday night to accompany chicken, and steamed broccoli. I sliced the potatoes before boiling them, and then followed the recipe, I did put a generous sprinkling of cheddar cheese over the casserole and by the time it had baked, the top was a lovely bubbly golden :D Another time I might also sprinkle with cayenne or add some extra seasoning, but DH and DD said it was great as was and needed nothing extra. I halved the recipe very easily, using two medium potatoes to three boiled eggs. Thanks, Lorac, for a simple but different potato dish :D