This is a summery soup that can be served either hot or cold. Posted for safe-keeping and adapted from "Everyday with Rachael Ray", August 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat and cook onions until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add potatoes, chicken broth, and water; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Working in batches, puree potato mixture with cucumbers and return to pot.
- 4Stir in cream.
- 5Meanwhile, heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat, and add the corn and cook until golden.
- 6Scrape corn from cob and add to soup.
- 7Stir in parsley, salt and pepper.
- 8If desired, chill soup in refrigerator before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Cucumber Soup
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.5
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 406.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g