Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a summery soup that can be served either hot or cold. Posted for safe-keeping and adapted from "Everyday with Rachael Ray", August 2009.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat and cook onions until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, and water; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree potato mixture with cucumbers and return to pot.
- Stir in cream.
- Meanwhile, heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat, and add the corn and cook until golden.
- Scrape corn from cob and add to soup.
- Stir in parsley, salt and pepper.
- If desired, chill soup in refrigerator before serving.