Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A nice chowder for a cold blustery day like we have in upstate NY!
- 2 ounces bacon
- 1 lb white potato, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups canned corn
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- cornstarch, to thicken
- crisp bacon in separate pan.
- In crockpot place all ingredients and cook on high for about 4 hours or adjust to your crock pots heating standards (some cook higher than others but mine cooks at a low setting).
- Crumble bacon and place in crock pot stir quite frequently I have added cheddar cheese to this recipe if in the mood. Turn crock pot down to low and let cook till potatoes are tender. Enjoy!
Hearty and tasty! I made this just as written and thought it was wonderful just as it is. As per step 3, I did add a handful of cheddar cheese near the end of cooking time. I didn't need any cornstarch to thicken. Thanx for a yummy slowcooker soup. I'll make this again, and if I don't have several hours to wait, I'll just make this on the stove.