Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery (or 1/2 tsp celery seed)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 -6 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning, Mrs. Dash spicy
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 9 (2 1/2 lb) potatoes, diced (Red jacket or Yukon gold)
- 2 cups creamed corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot or 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat olive oil over med heat in 2 qt saucepan. Add bay leaves, onion,.
- and celery sauté 2-3 minute Add garlic and cook another 1-2 minute.
- Whisk yeast into the vegetable stock. Add coconut milk to pan along with potatoes, cream corn, rosemary, Mrs. dash, salt and pepper.
- Lower heat to med-low and simmer slowly covered 20 min or until potatoes are cooked.
- Smash some of the potatoes with the back of a spoon, be sure to leave a nice amount of chunks though.
- Return soup to a boil and add arrowroot/cornstarch (only if you want.
- to thicken the soup).
- Garnish with vegetarian bacon bits or vegan cheese. I add green onions for topping as well.
- Serve hot.
This soup was delicious! Even my husband ate it and loved it! Great vegan recipe.