Recipe by Dona England
A wonderful soup recipe from my friend Sandra Ware. She grew up in New Orleans and she is a wonderful cook
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 cup cooked ham, cut in cubes
- 1⁄4 cup sliced smoked sausage
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon tony chachere's creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut potatoes into cubes.
- cover with water in a large saucepan.
- cook until tender.
- remove from heat and carefully smash cubes without removing them from broth.
- Return saucepan to heat and all remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Cook over low fire for 30 minutes stirring frequently. If mixture is too thin thicken with a little potato flakes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheese in center of bowl.