Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
You can make the filling ahead of time and reheated before using.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
The veggies are a cool addition to chorizo; they help tone down the spicyness and add testure. I skipped the part about mashing the potatoes, I liked the little potato squares mixed with the meat. I used some of Recipe #211024 for the chorizo.
- 8 ounces chorizo sausages
- 1⁄2 lb baking potato, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 plum tomato, coarsely chopped
- 4 small taco-size flour tortillas
- 4 -8 lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chorizo for about 5 minutes or until it starts to render its fat, stirring to crumble up the meat.
- Stir in the potato, onion, and 2/3 cup water.
- Lower heat to medium and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, and adding a little water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- When the potatoes are soft, after about 10-15 minutes, remove pan from heat.
- Use a potato masher or fork and mash the sausage-potato mixture slightly right in the pan.
- Stir in the tomato; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Warm the tortillas.
- To make a taco: Lay a quarter of the filling in a strip down the center of a warm tortilla; roll up from left to right; eat immediately.