Recipe by JustJanS
A sort of Indian flavoured potato salad. You can serve it immediately, or allow it to cool to room temp, but don't chill it, it looses flavour I think.
Top Review by Greedy Mum
I liked this a lot. I replaced the new potatoes with ordinary potatoes (I needed to use some up) which I diced and steamed in the microwave before tossing in the oil and spice and roasting.
- 800 g tiny new potatoes, scrubbed,but not peeled
- 3 teaspoons garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (425 g) can chickpeas, drained,rinsed and drained
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 100 g baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium high and cook for 8 minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a large baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the garam masala and chilli powder.
- Add the oil and toss to coat.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer and roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile place chickpeas, tomatoes, spinach and onion in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, place the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together adding a little water if necessary.
- Cut the hot potatoes in half and add to the other vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Divide the salad amongst serving plates, dollop the dressing over each and sprinkle with a little more pepper before serving immediately.