- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 (19 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, including juice
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- In casserole dish, combine oil, potatoes, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin and hot pepper flakes.
- Microwave, covered, on High for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring once, until potatoes are almost tender.
- Add tomatoes with juice and chickpeas. Microwave, covered on high for 8-12 minutes, stirring once, until potatoes are tender.
- Let stand, covered for 3 minutes before serving.