This recipe came from a microwave cooking book. So simple and so good.
Make and share this Potato and Chickpea Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 (19 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, including juice
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- In casserole dish, combine oil, potatoes, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin and hot pepper flakes.
- Microwave, covered, on High for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring once, until potatoes are almost tender.
- Add tomatoes with juice and chickpeas. Microwave, covered on high for 8-12 minutes, stirring once, until potatoes are tender.
- Let stand, covered for 3 minutes before serving.
This is really good and I did not even want meat. Very good flavor combinations. Made for PAC Spring 2013.