1/1 Photo of Potato and Chickpea Chili
This recipe came from a microwave cooking book. So simple and so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 (19 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, including juice
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1In casserole dish, combine oil, potatoes, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin and hot pepper flakes.
- 2Microwave, covered, on High for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring once, until potatoes are almost tender.
- 3Add tomatoes with juice and chickpeas. Microwave, covered on high for 8-12 minutes, stirring once, until potatoes are tender.
- 4Let stand, covered for 3 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Chickpea Chili
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.3
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 610.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 8.2 g