1/8 Photos of Potato and Cheese Scones
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
The excellent cheese flavor of these biscuit-like scones goes so well with soups and chilies. It's also a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. Best served warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- 2Cut in butter (or margarine) until consistency of coarse crumbs.
- 3Add cheese. Stir.
- 4Combine potatoes and milk in small bowl. Add to flour mixture. Stir until soft dough forms. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Knead 6 times.
- 5Shape into flat disc. Roll or press out to 8 inch circle, about 1/2 inch thick. Place on greased baking sheet.
- 6Brush surface with egg yolk. Score circle into 6 wedges. Bake in 425 degree F oven for about 20 minutes until risen and golden.
- 7Cut or break apart at score marks.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Cheese Scones
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.6
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.8 mg
- Sodium 609.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g