1/5 Photos of Potato and Cheese Omelette
My ideal comfort food. This does it all for me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- 2When hot, add potato and cook until golden-brown and crusty on all sides.
- 3Beat up eggs in a small bowl with very little salt (the cheese has plenty) and freshly ground pepper.
- 4Lower heat of stove, add eggs to pan and give them a good stir, a couple of times, bringing up cooked eggs from bottom, but redistributing uncooked eggs and potatoes.
- 5Sprinkle generously with shredded cheese.
- 6Let cook until golden-brown on bottom.
- 7Run spatula down center, and carefully fold one half over the other creating a half-moon (sometimes you don't get a perfect half-moon, but it still tastes good anyway!).
- 8Turn off heat and let omelette sit in pan for 30 seconds to a minute (depending on how well you want your eggs done) and then carefully turn over and allow 30 more seconds.
- 9Allow to cool about 4-5 minutes before tucking in (this seems to allow the flavours to blend better).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Cheese Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.8
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 489.6 mg
- Sodium 780.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 28.1 g