Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
My ideal comfort food. This does it all for me.
Make and share this Potato and Cheese Omelette recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- When hot, add potato and cook until golden-brown and crusty on all sides.
- Beat up eggs in a small bowl with very little salt (the cheese has plenty) and freshly ground pepper.
- Lower heat of stove, add eggs to pan and give them a good stir, a couple of times, bringing up cooked eggs from bottom, but redistributing uncooked eggs and potatoes.
- Sprinkle generously with shredded cheese.
- Let cook until golden-brown on bottom.
- Run spatula down center, and carefully fold one half over the other creating a half-moon (sometimes you don't get a perfect half-moon, but it still tastes good anyway!).
- Turn off heat and let omelette sit in pan for 30 seconds to a minute (depending on how well you want your eggs done) and then carefully turn over and allow 30 more seconds.
- Allow to cool about 4-5 minutes before tucking in (this seems to allow the flavours to blend better).
I give you full marks for this recipe but I did take the liberty of using my regular omelet mix (2eggs, 1/4 cup milk, 2 tbsp flour, 3 tbsp sour cream or cottage cheese). Followed your recipe and browned the potaoes until golden, turned heat down to medium (between 6 & 7 on my electric stove) poured in the eggs, covered with a lid let it sit and just before it is ready added the grated cheese, put the lid back on. In exactly 5 minutes it is ready cooked on top and golden on the bottom. Really enjoyed my brunch Thanks evelyn — May 18, 2003, 1 member found this helpful Added comments - I made this again following the recipe exactly - equally as good but the omelet is not as fluffy
I've made this quit a few times already and always forget to leave a review. The first time I made it, we thought it was good but a little bland for our tastes. But I LOVE the additions of potatoes!! Now I add diced onions to the taters and season. I also add fresh chives to the egg mixture then I top off with tomatoes. Then add chives and a lil tomato to the top of the finished omelette. I also make a mexican version. Thanks for a different twist for omelettes. :)
Well I made this for my two kids this morning. Because I doubled the recipe I didn't bother folding it over. I added some sliced chili peppers. They both said to give it five stars. Thanks for a good one!