Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is intended to be for babies 6 months or older (based on what your pediatrician recommends.) I portion baby food into ice cube trays and then store in freezer bags for up to six weeks. Two cubes satisfied my seven month old for a meal. Making your own baby food is a little time consuming, but it is worth! Have peace of mind knowing your baby is getting the freshest and healthiest food possible!
- Heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Saute onion until soft, for about 5 minutes.
- Add potato and heat for one minute. Add milk and water and stir.
- Cover and simmer, stirring often to prevent sticking, until potato is soft.
- Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir until melted.
- Puree in blender or mash with fork.
- Add more water to achieve thinner consistency.
- Serve or store. Fridge life is 24 hours. Freezer life is 4-6 weeks.