Recipe by evelyn/athens
The blue cheese dressing takes this potato salad to the realms of the decadent...
Top Review by chia
this was a nice different kind of potato salad, very colorful. i added some chopped red pepper to brighten the colors even more. the dressing was very sour when i first made it but the flavor improved overnight, and it mixed real well. no one could tell that there was blue cheese in the dressing, which in this picky family was a good thing!
- 2 lbs boiling potatoes, quartered lengthwise and cut into ¾ inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 cup thinly-sliced radish
- 3⁄4 cup thawed frozen corn
- 3 scallions, minced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam potatoes, covered, 8-10 minutes, or until just tender.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Toss with 2 tblsps of the vinegar and salt to taste and let cool.
- Add celery, radishes, corn, scallions and chill, covered, for 1 hour, or until cold.
- In blender or processor, puree cheese with egg (I get eggs from the village that I can trust, but you may want to soft-boil yours), 2 tblsps vinegar, garlic, Worcestershire Sauce and cayenne; add oil in a thin stream and blend until dressing is emulsified.
- Chill, covered, for 1 hour.
- Pour over salad, toss, and season.
- (can be made 1 day ahead).