1/1 Photo of Potato and Carrot Stew
This is a great meal for a family dinner/lunch. Vegs or non-vegs..your family will love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- about 2 cups water (more or less)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon tarragon (preferably fresh)
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 can peeled tomato, chopped (400g can)
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour, dissolved separately in some cold water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- sea salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1Heat the oil in a large pot and add the chopped onion.
- 2Sauté for a couple of minutes, then add cubed potatoes.
- 3Cover potatoes with water (about 2-2 1/2 cups, maybe more depending on your pot size).
- 4Add sliced carrots, bay leaves, tarragon, sweet paprika, thyme, salt and pepper.
- 5Let it cook until the veggies are tender (about 20 minutes).
- 6Add flour, dissolved separately in a cup with some cold water.
- 7Add sliced, peeled tomatoes.
- 8Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 9Serve with fresh parsley on top!
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Carrot Stew
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.4
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g