This is a great meal for a family dinner/lunch. Vegs or non-vegs..your family will love it!
Make and share this Potato and Carrot Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- about 2 cups water (more or less)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon tarragon (preferably fresh)
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 can peeled tomato, chopped (400g can)
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour, dissolved separately in some cold water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- sea salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the chopped onion.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes, then add cubed potatoes.
- Cover potatoes with water (about 2-2 1/2 cups, maybe more depending on your pot size).
- Add sliced carrots, bay leaves, tarragon, sweet paprika, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Let it cook until the veggies are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Add flour, dissolved separately in a cup with some cold water.
- Add sliced, peeled tomatoes.
- Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley on top!