Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I suppose the title says it all. This is a nice, creamy vegetable soup loaded with potatoes and carrots. Delicious!
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 quart milk
- fresh parsley
- In saucepan, combine first 5 ingredients. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- With slotted spoon, remove vegetables to blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Return to broth in saucepan. Mix in remaining ingredients. Heat through, but DO NOT BOIL. Garnish with fresh parsley.
The soup is warming and deliciously creamy. It is not a thick soup but more a broth type. I only added 1 cup of milk and 1 tbsp of butter and used my immersion blender right in the pot. It would be easy to thicken the soup by increasing carrot/potatoes and adding milk to personal preference. I will be making this again.
Easily earns five stars for being an easy and healthy meal! The dill was a wonderful touch! I threw together tonight and it simmered away while I made cornbread to go along with it. I did add some liquid to the food processor, otherwise the puree would not have gotten smooth. Also, I think I'd reduce the milk next time as it was fairly thin and I'd have liked it a little thicker... although I think the thickness would depend on the size of your potatoes.